
We kicked off this summer with Aunt Jordan's wedding. Caroline was precious coming down the aisle, making sure to drop all her flower petals. I was so impressed that she was not timid with the people there.
She did sit with me during the ceremony. The first thing she asked me: "Where is the music coming from--the trees?" In an effort to hush her, I had a stash of M&Ms which did the trick! Then, she found Mimi & Grandy in the crowd, and had to wave. Not long after, she realized that Papa & Mama were sitting in front of us. Of course, she tapped them on the shoulder wanting their attention. Who doesn't need a little "entertainment" at a wedding, huh? Overall, everything went well and, Caroline (of course) was the cutest flower girl ever! 
with Cousin Gabe
The following week we began a new school--Mountain Valley Child Development Center. We had "outgrown" Noah's Ark to say the least. Recently, she came home trying to tell me what they had done that day at school. "Apricot Piggy Frogs" is all I understood... So, the following day, I asked her teacher what she was talking about. She laughed explaining that the class got African Pigmy Frogs as their classroom pet! My silly girl...
I'll keep you posted on her new school. They certainly are keeping them busy from splash days to Spanish and more!
VBS came and went. She had a blast being in the "big girl" class this year. She learned a few new songs--one being the "Bullfrog song." Thanks, Gary! It's one of those that stays with you ALL day LONG!
Father's Day was a good weekend, as we celebrated with Josh and my parents. Caroline was so proud to give her Daddy a new ice cream maker. When we went to pick it out, I had to argue with an (almost) 3-year old why Josh would NOT like the pink one! My girly girl...She finally settled on red.
I gave Josh tickets to see Eric Clapton the following week. Caroline got to stay with Aunt LeLe & Emily.
She had a grand time...they took her on the Uptown Trolley to get Popsicles!

All she can talk about these days is her birthday parties...that's right, parties! We are having her "jump" Princess party, and she wants to have a
Dora party at the house on her real birthday. "Don't forget the balloons," she reminds me everyday! So--if any of you are wondering what to get her for this birthday, anything Dora or Disney Princesses, especially Little Mermaid, Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.
The past two weekends have been busy travelling. We visited Theresa & Troy in Tulsa with a quick trip. It's always a great time with old, good friends! Caroline enjoyed the "big" pool. She was a bit unsure of herself and was satisfied staying on the top step, or drowning me or her daddy. We are just going to have to work with her more, and plan on swimming lessons for summer 2010!
July 4 was an eventful weekend visiting my family at the lake. It was beautiful, sunny & HOT! Caroline played for hours in the sprinklers, pool, and went on several boat rides.
She was so worn out when we got home on Sunday...she was sick today. I think she developed a rash from being in the heat and/or sun! She is better, but slept until 10A and then napped for nearly 3 hours this afternoon!
I will get pictures posted soon of all our summer adventures, and then--her BIG birthday weekend coming up!
Take care, and see you on the other side of THREE! Should I be scared?
1 comment:
Scared...no. Although, we have been dealing with major mood swings. Let me know if you get any of that. We sing the bullfrog too, everyday! Gotta love VBS!!
Post a Comment