Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh, Wow!

It has been way too long since I did anything on this blog.  With FB, its too easy to keep everyone informed, post pictures, etc. there.  In fact, I doubt that there is ANYONE following this anymore!  But, in case there are those that still check--ALOT has happened in the life of the Jacksons since my last post. 

First, we have a new baby girl!  Emilie Kathleen was born on June 20, 2011.  Healthy and beautiful.  She has dark hair and eyes, unlike her big sister!  Love it.  She is a complete joy, and has been an easy baby. 

Caroline is a wonderful big sister, and has been alot of help.  Sometimes, TOO much help.  Caroline started Kindergarten last August, and has done very well. She is reading and learning math! 

Last fall, Josh took a job in Austin!  It was a blessing for our family, as he had wanted a change from his former position.  And, to our surprise, our house sold in less than a month. So, two weeks before Christmas, we relocated there with the girls.  Josh had been commuting during the week, and was beginning to take its toll both on him, but me and girls, as well. 

We are renting a home in Southwest Austin until we find our "permanent address."  Caroline started a new school, and she seems to be doing OK.  She is still adjusting, as we all are. 

Austin is definitely different than Fort Worth! 

I am fortunate to be able to stay on with Meals-on-Wheels, but working primarily on our Kitchen Campaign, major gifts, and legacy giving.  I feel blessed to have the opportunity, as I have been there 9 years.   I will be back in town once / twice a month for meetings, etc.

Our lives have been completely turned upside down this past year.  But, we know that God is in control and we believe He has great things in store for us in a new place in a new year!  We wish you all a blessed 2012, and I'll be better at posting...and pictures to come soon!

Much love,
The Jacksons

No comments: