Monday, September 23, 2013

Cheers for Fall!

I wore a jacket to work this morning.  Let me say that again...I wore a jacket to work this morning.  This weather is fab here in ATX!  I won't get my hopes up that it is here to stay.  We will (more than likely) wear shorts on Christmas Day! 

But, so far...one month gone and school is in full swing.  Caroline is doing well, and still excited about second grade.  She is busy with assignments, cheer, dance, and now Girl Scouts in a few weeks.  These activities may be the death of ME! 


Emilie is loving her new class, and is adjusting well.  She is still refusing to potty train--for me or her teachers.   Caroline was SO easy.  I may have my work cut out on this one.  A wise woman once told me:  "Don't worry about it.  They won't go to college in diapers!"  Seriously?  I hoped she would be out of diapers by the start of 2014!  I'm holding out it will still happen, and she'll have a change of heart soon.  Pray.

Her newest thing on top of talking more and more every day (a small victory!) is "GO TECH!"  Everytime she sees the Texas Tech logo...she's got her guns up!  A little brainwashing going on at my house, maybe?  Oh well, we think its precious!

Things are crazy at work, and I cannot believe I have been at Caritas of  
Austin for NINE months.  Time has really flown, and I have learned so much--about homelessness, Austin, and most of all, about myself.  It's been a trying and challenging opportunity.  As I have always said, working in nonprofit is definitely a labor of love! 

I have also dove right in to the Rotary Club of Austin, and really enjoying meeting new folks with that group.  This group, as most Rotary Clubs, has its own "personality."  From downtown Tyler club to Cleburne, they all are unique.  This group is 100 years old (not the members, the Club), and I look forward to continuing my 12+ years of service here. 

We finally have tackled a few projects around the house.  Redoing and replacing some furniture, getting built-ins for
the den (super excited!), and the girls a playset for the backyard!  They are loving it, especially since the weather has been so nice.  Stay tuned...I'll post some pics of the upgrades!

Lastly, lovin' me some Kliff Kingsbury and Tech football so far this season... 4-0, baby and #1 in the Big 12!  Ok, ok...I know we have not played any big conference games to date, but that's BIG for us Red Raider fans!  
 

                                                 Also, here is one of my cutest finds on Zulily. 
                      Can we say "addiction?"  That's another blog, for another day...GO TECH! 


Cheers for Fall!

No comments: